Tuesday 18 July 2017

First coloured pages

Here are the first coloured pages. I've always had issues colouring and as such have tended to avoid it. I wanted to challenge myself this year on the masters and have planned to do the dissertation project in colour. To tie in with the "90's" style of comic I have made I wanted to use flat colours. I grew up reading comics coloured like this and miss them in this modern age of shiny digital colouring.


What I have been doing to help is finding images that have a colour scheme I like and that is suited to the pages I am colouring, extracting a colour table from that image in photoshop and then importing that table as a colour set to Clip Studio. I then can use the colours in this swatch exclusively to colour the scenes which ensures that the colours all work together.




No comments:

Post a Comment