Sunday 16 July 2017

18-24 inks

Here are the latest pages without the balloons. Likely further changes to come as always!

I think the later pages in the project have a much better balance of black and white but the style I've worked in has evolved since the first page - at least to my eye. I will make a pass through the pages before finalising to try and make it all more consistent in terms of quality and style but I have to wonder if anyone else will even notice. 

One thing that has bothered me about working this way compared to what I did on the Lost Legionnaire is that the hatching is much less deliberate than on that project. There are lot's of wonky lines and intidy parts. I never know if I am obsessing over something like that needlessly or if it actually would make a difference to make each stroke deliberately. I don't have the time to do it any different anyway. It might be something to keep in mind for future projects as I work on improving my inking.











No comments:

Post a Comment